Kate Lindstrom, OTR/LOccupational Therapist
My therapeutic philosophy is to put the child and their interests at the center of all treatment activities. By doing this, a solid therapeutic connection can be formed with the child, allowing their body and mind to be comfortable and accepting of trying new things. Seeing a child’s face light up when they feel excitement and pride in themselves is what motivates me to keep learning and growing as a clinician.
Creativity, playfulness, respect, and care are all at the forefront of my treatment. I also believe that educating the child and family on tools and strategies to incorporate into everyday life empowers and increases success in reaching goals. I have experience in both clinical and school settings, with a focus on fine and visual motor skills, attention/focus, and regulation.
Credentials and Certifications
- Masters of Occupational Therapy, Midwestern University in 2015
- Bachelor in Therapeutic Recreation, Illinois State University in 2009
- Fine motor/visual motor control
- Prewriting skills/handwriting
- Self-regulation strategies, sensory tools
- Use of visual schedules and supports