Samantha Miller, M.S. CF-SLPSpeech Language Pathologist
I have always had a passion for working with the pediatric population. My therapy philosophy is to have individualized FUN while using evidence-based practice to make therapy as functional to real life as possible. Collaboration with families is always one of my goals! My hope during therapy is that parents are comfortable to ask me questions in order to expand their understanding on the tools I use in treatment. When parents are more involved, there is a larger crossover in settings outside of the FUN space at My Recess!
Samantha (Sam) Miller received her Masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology from St. Ambrose University (SAU) in May 2021. During her two-year graduate program, she completed an externship at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in their outpatient pediatric setting. This location is where she found her passion for articulation and language disorders, pediatric feeding disorders, AAC, and cognitive and social aspects of communication (especially for those in the Down syndrome and autism communities). She has provided therapy in a variety of settings including outpatient adult and pediatric hospitals, a university clinic, and a private practice. Sam enjoys collaborating with all team members to provide the most effective services for her clients.
Credentials and Certifications
- Masters of Speech-Language Pathology (St. Ambrose University) Summa cum laude
- Illinois License to Practice Speech-Language Pathology
- Currently completing certification through Feed the Peds™
- Trained in See the Sound – Visual Phonics©
- Trained in TeamSTEPPS®
- Studied Abroad in Cuenca, Ecuador providing speech services
- Professional Educator License in Secondary Mathematics Educator |
Presenter at Kappa Delta Pi Convocation 2017 and 2018