Janna Evans, M.S. CCC/SLPOccupational Therapist
I believe my clients success in therapy is dependent upon their relationship with me and their trust in me during our sessions together. I also believe that success in therapy is highly dependent upon family participation and willingness to incorporate therapy techniques and suggestions into daily home life. I work hard to form a positive relationship with my clients, as well as their families, in order to get the best possible outcome.
I have worked in a variety of settings, with both adults and children, but I have always found my way back to children. I absolutely love forming close relationships with my clients and their families, and watching the children grow in their communication abilities over our time together. I love the excitement some kids show when they have mastered a skill we have been targeting. Mostly, I love giving these children the confidence to communicate effectively.
I believe that parents play an integral part in their child’s success. Skills targeted during a 45 minute therapy session must be practiced daily, in natural environments, in order for mastery to occur. When parents are an active part of the therapy process, therapy moves along much more quickly and overall success of treatment increases.
Areas of Specialty
- Apraxia of Speech
- Speech Disorders
- Receptive and Expressive Language disorders
Credentials and Certifications
- Bachelors of Science in Communicative Disorders (University of Cincinnati
- Masters of Science in Speech-Language Pathology (University of Arizona)
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech Language Pathology (ASHA)
- Illinois License to Practice Speech-Language Pathology
- Trained in Kaufman Speech to Language Protocol
- Trained in Picture Exchange Communication System
Extra Awesome Stuff
- Developed and ran preschool language group
Participated as SLP in speech summer camps