Jackie Bartolai, OTR/LOccupational Therapist
My therapeutic philosophy centers around empowering children and their families through the use of FUN intervention sessions, education, and building strong relationships. I believe celebrating even the littlest of victories is crucial in striving to be as independent as one can be and promoting positive self-schema.
Jackie Bartolai graduated from Elmhurst University, formerly known as Elmhurst College, in 2019. After finishing her second Level II Fieldwork placement at My Recess Therapy and gaining licensure, she continued her enjoyment in working in pediatrics at both a private pediatric outpatient and in the school setting helping children and young adults between the ages of 2 and 22. In addition to working with kiddos at My Recess Therapy, she is currently working in a school district servicing middle school and high school aged students in functional academic and life skill classrooms as well as with the transition program.
Credentials and Certifications
- Master of Occupational Therapy, Elmhurst College in 2019
- Bachelor Science with an Emphasis in Rehabilitation Services, Minor in Psychology, Northern Illinois University in 2017
- Associate of Art, Elgin Community College in 2015
- Trained in the Zones of Regulation Curriculum
- Trained in the Handwriting Without Tears Curriculum
- Additional education in executive functioning, sensory integration, and more!